17 - 9/10/2017: Odesza, Syd
On what should have been the seventeenth episode of Audioface, Dan accidentally deletes all of the audio on a normal episode. So instead, he gives a quick recap on:
- Popular YouTube to MP3 ripper shutting down to avoid lawsuit
- Sam Smith's new single, "Too Good at Goodbyes" + upcoming new album
- Odesza's new album, "A Moment Apart"
- Apple's London Music Festival ends, Spotify's Who We Be Festival begins
- Spotify's new offer for college students includes free Hulu
- New Michael Jackson album rumors
- Syd's new EP, "Always Never Home"
- U2's new single, "You're the Best Thing About Me" + upcoming new album
- Warner buys Spinnin' Records
- Discussion: Indie labels vs Big labels in the streaming age
- Referenced: "Why Indie Bands Go Major Label in the Streaming Era" in Pitchfork written by Marc Hogan (@marchogan on Twitter)
Be sure to check out Syndicate 23's newest podcast, featuring real and honest commentary on the world of soccer: "We Made It" by going to wemadeit.syndicate23.co. Sean and Dan can be found on Twitter at @swsuarez and @danfromtheweb.